Thursday, September 27, 2007

Stuck with my luck!!


Unbelievably fantastic, the exact timer, suitably appropriate or appropriately suitable is what one would suggest is the definition of good luck. However, this is not my luck.

Tiresome and lame, terribly inappropriate and dragging all the way on the wrong tracks is probably bad luck. But believe me this is not my luck either!

My luck is… simply my luck. If you are going to get all the good in your life, you line up to receive it. But when you reach there the counter says lunch time. Then this is my luck! You make sure you learn its trick, you skip lunch to stay in the line and ‘thy shall receive’ your fair share of goodies. Then this definitely is my luck!

I always thought my luck plays tricks on me and it does. It’s my job to figure out these tricks and pranks and grab them by their tail ends. And believe me it works. I have been doing this for a quarter century now. However I only remember the last ten years of it.

My luck is egoistic. It doesn’t like to lose and not especially to me. So it’s always up to something devising new tricks, setting up novel pranks. And sincerely it’s got a lot of them up its sleeve. Exotic and vividly entertaining for others, each one has its own unique solution or complementing trick! It took me millions of trails and errors and almost a decade to figure this out. But now that I know I have realized it’s not that bad (neither does it mean its good). But it’s better than the person who shits in his pants and spills the pooh all over to make sure everyone’s noticed it.

Maybe my luck understands the ergonomics of playing trickery with a guy or maybe it understands if I give up there will be no opponent and eventually there will be no battle. It tries to annoy me just enough so as to reach the limit of being able to cheer me up again.

Severely enough, it hurts the time you are caught in the trick. But suddenly it realizes that it has gone too far and then it lets me win. And of course like everybody I enjoy winning; even a consolation prize cheers me up. Sometimes it’s not the first ranking trophy but the thought of winning even the smallest prize keeps me inspired enough to keep playing against my opponent – my luck!

In the true sense of the words I share a love-hate relationship with my luck. It’s the perfect combination of sweet and sour that keeps my soup enjoyable.

Ciao.

Signed,

Me and my luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.