Music … is the meaning of life. It is the rhythm of life. It has all the joy, the pain the sufferings and the excitement of life. Blah blah blah… there goes my dearest philosopher. Music is coffee. Yes!!! This is what I think about music. It is to me a hot cup of coffee with just the right bitterness and the flavour with the perfect aroma. It, at times, can rejuvenate me to highest enthusiasm levels and if served at wrong times can deplete my remaining brain with its bitterness. But always grips me with its effects no matter good or bad.
I know I am not the greatest of all music freaks and absolutely not a singer. But I have vividness in my choice. I like ‘The Beatles’ with the same passion as I like ‘Rammstein’. (Actually passion is not the correct word there. It should have been rapture. Passion would impart an unnecessary power to the sentence). Like every subject music is considered to be the area of interest of a dear friend of mine Mr. Priyadarshan Bhawadekar (a.k.a lambdya). He surely has done his homework for this one. The sum of the knowledge (in this case) of each of us in my group will not equal his M.Q. (music quotient). He, of course, is not much into metal but likes ‘The Unforgiven’ by ‘Metallica’. He worships ‘The Beatles’ the all time no.1 60’s rock (and roll) band. If he were told to place somebody on the second place in his hit list it would be Bryan Adams. Nope he is not the topic to discuss here.
What I like about the heavy metal or thrash metal bands is the power in their songs is handled with the best possible chariness. Even with the whole dictionary of raunchy words being spurted in their songs and the pugnacious voices these guys manage to develop catchy music. I have always related this to the aggression in my life. For example, if my dream girl refused my ‘rose’ what am I supposed to do? My heart says 'please return and judge your place in this universe' but then there is a rocker in me. He takes the front seat and disconnects me from my brain. I take one look at my girl and start towards her. I grip her in my arms and declare that I like her. And I ask her what would she do if I didn’t leave her? And I leave her without hearing the answer. Well done tiger. Thou-shall-be-spared look on my face I think of myself as the greatest rocker! Of all these years of me listening to rock music I finally found the enlightment of rock in me. Of all the day-dreams I found this one the best and unlikely. Realistically, as soon as I force her the rose she may want to see one of my cheeks red with the mark of her firm palm placed symmetrically on it.
I hate reality.
I know I am not the greatest of all music freaks and absolutely not a singer. But I have vividness in my choice. I like ‘The Beatles’ with the same passion as I like ‘Rammstein’. (Actually passion is not the correct word there. It should have been rapture. Passion would impart an unnecessary power to the sentence). Like every subject music is considered to be the area of interest of a dear friend of mine Mr. Priyadarshan Bhawadekar (a.k.a lambdya). He surely has done his homework for this one. The sum of the knowledge (in this case) of each of us in my group will not equal his M.Q. (music quotient). He, of course, is not much into metal but likes ‘The Unforgiven’ by ‘Metallica’. He worships ‘The Beatles’ the all time no.1 60’s rock (and roll) band. If he were told to place somebody on the second place in his hit list it would be Bryan Adams. Nope he is not the topic to discuss here.
What I like about the heavy metal or thrash metal bands is the power in their songs is handled with the best possible chariness. Even with the whole dictionary of raunchy words being spurted in their songs and the pugnacious voices these guys manage to develop catchy music. I have always related this to the aggression in my life. For example, if my dream girl refused my ‘rose’ what am I supposed to do? My heart says 'please return and judge your place in this universe' but then there is a rocker in me. He takes the front seat and disconnects me from my brain. I take one look at my girl and start towards her. I grip her in my arms and declare that I like her. And I ask her what would she do if I didn’t leave her? And I leave her without hearing the answer. Well done tiger. Thou-shall-be-spared look on my face I think of myself as the greatest rocker! Of all these years of me listening to rock music I finally found the enlightment of rock in me. Of all the day-dreams I found this one the best and unlikely. Realistically, as soon as I force her the rose she may want to see one of my cheeks red with the mark of her firm palm placed symmetrically on it.
I hate reality.
No comments:
Post a Comment